View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: APPROVED - App: Mikeydk - by Asrín

Thank you thank youuuuuu, I shall transfer over tomorrow evening! Tell Demos there's a sexy X female dk coming soon, I have no idea what race yet, losing arcane torrent is going to be depressing though, I will need lots of consoling and love. Xoxo

Serithia
Guild Master

Talked it over.  Accepted for trial.

One thing to be clear.  We plan to extend this week on Elis, and for that fight still run our current tanks as they had all these wipes. But you will likely be used on Gul'dan should elis actually die :P

This is just a heads up.  Elis *should* die Wed but shit happens.

Also.  Demos requests when your faction change to remain a female char.  I didnt ask why...

Atheist999
Standby

App looks nice Mikey!

From previous experience raiding with this guy can 100% vouch for his skill / attendance / reliability etc etc. He has some pretty good banter too ;)

Best of luck with the app mate - hope to be raiding again with you soon.

Zoster (A.K.A Parvis)

Serithia
Guild Master

RC loot Council.  Officers and random rotating raiders are the ones that do the votes so its not just the same people to keep it fair.

Mikeydk
Standby

Hello Asrin! Thank you for the kind words.

DK Wise legendaries are spread out across all 3 specs (doh) - so it's just that I don't have another one for it - I've got Frost belt/bracers and UH shoulders too, along with no Sephuz which makes me sad as I'm a M+ junkie and would love it.

DK Tanking got a pretty large buff with the 7.2 traits (flat 20% healing on DS + DS overhealing converted into max HP) although I would concede that they're probably more a 5 man oriented tank than a raid one still in their current position.

Tank balance currently as a whole after 7.2 based on top guild logs looks something like Druid>Monk>~Pala~DK~Warr>DH although to be honest there's so many logs of the tanks under Druid all performing so closely that it doesn't look to be very diverse and all are reasonable. Drood nerf next patch should bring them down too and I've not the foggiest what 7.2 did to DHs so maybe they bumped up.

Activity wise since they're all weekdays I can pretty much say with assurance I can attend all of them all of the time and I'll know in advance if I'm planning anything on a raid night so can let you know, although that's unlikely given them being week days.

As for what I'd like to play most, given my current enjoyment of the BDK I'd probably be leaning towards that although if all goes well with a trial I'll bring the Pala over too so that even if I'm a derp and have made a poor decision, I can swap over easily without hassle as they're both around the same level as is. I definitely wouldn't swap once ToS hits when gear's a big point of contention again, but if I have some sort of crisis before hand and realise BDK tanking is the ebola scourge of the western world at least I can rectify it without wrecking the raid group mid-way through a new tier.

It's not a massive concern though as I enjoy them both, so if you guys heavily favour the pala it's not like I'd be upset playing it by any means!

I'm also vocal and have a CDs weakaura to show me who has CDs for calling them.

One quick question that I've probably overlooked somewhere - what loot system do you use? Not that it particularly matters, just interested.

Serithia
Guild Master

Thanks for your application.

Its a very good detailed app, your ilvl is good on both, though odd choice of the feet legendary on DK, do you just not have better or is it actually that good stats wise?

Progress of 4 mythic is fine.  You can play paladin or Dk, i haven't played either this expansion tanking, but my understanding DK is one of the worst tanks right now, where paladin is one of the good ones (last time i checked anyway.)

Right now we could use the tank as one of our tanks is unreliable in his attendance.  This would not affect you much as we would just put all tanks in a rotation similar to the healers/dps assuming his attendance improves.  If not its a full time spot.  Since you dps on the Dk you could do that, and if you use paladin healing should be fine, but maybe unlikely on progress bosses.

Learning from our current tank issues, I do need to know how reliable your are in terms of attendance?.  As a tank we essentially need you to have near 100% attendance.  Of course we understand things happen but advanced warning is needed and not to frequently either.

We also prefer our tanks to be vocal with their mechanics where needed, call for externals etc.  Silence in raids doesn't look good as a tank but as a RL i assume that isn't an issue.

Have a look at my comments, let me know what you think and come back with which class you want to play.  Its nice you offer us the choice but I don't want people playing something they may change their mind with later.

Meantime, I will talk with my fellow officers and get back to you as soon as i can.

Mikeydk
Standby

re: Missed a bit, whoops

Just adding on to this briefly, I was going to apply during your M EN progression however I couldn't make raid times with girlfriend commitments on weekends but now she's out the picture :O :O :O I'm as free as a bird, raid life only life.

Mikeydk
Standby

re: App: Mikeydk

The application submitted by Mikeydk is as follows:

Name : Mikeydk
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : EU - English - Ragnaros
Level : 110
Faction : Horde
Race : Blood Elf
Class : Death Knight
Spec 1 : Blood
Spec 2 : Frost

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

About You

Tell us your name, age, and where you are from.:
Heya, I'm Mikey, 22 from England.

Currently in my 4th year at Oxford Uni, pretty chilled year, no exams just a thesis to write up so might miss a raid here or there close to deadline but other than that can make all raids.

Do you have a working microphone, and are you willing to use it?:
Si senor

Tell us your previous raiding exprience. Please include a brief summary of your Kills when the content was current..:
Legion - Raid lead my current guild as a Holy Pala:
4/10M NH - Holy/Prot Pala
Cutting Edge Xavius the night before NH released (huehue) - Blood DK

WoD:
Came back to clear HC HFC in a chill guild for dat moose as Holy Pala
BRF - Got 2 or 3 into mythic but guild fell apart - Fury Warr
HM - Mythic cleared but pretty sure Butcher/Imperator were after current content (memory slightly fuzzy now) - Fury Warr

MoP:
Ew, heathen expansion, get it off me, pandas can go do one.
For real though, prot pala tanked bits and pieces for a casual guild here and there.

Cata - Played Prot Warr and Boomy/Resto Drood:
DS - Nah mate
Firelands 25 HC - All but Raggy as a Boomer, got rank 17 resto dudu in shite gear on normal 10 man too which I'm still proud of regardless of how pitiful of an achievement that actually is in retrospect.
Realm first Nefarion as a resto dudu on a dead server *achievement unlocked*, some other shizzle on a resto drood here, starting to get so far in the past I can't remember jack shit details now though.

WoTLK - Big Prot Warr MT for Naxx/Sarth3D25/Ulduar25/Eye when they were current content, fuck Trial, Resto drood/fury warr in a casual guild for ICC.

TBC - Prot Warr MT Kara as a wee lad, peeked into SSC/TK/BT/Hyjal on the drood/warr at various points with various guilds I could blag myself into as a youngster.

Vanilla - Prot Warr in MC/ZG (If you don't speak people don't know you're just a 10/11 year old, pro strats), what could possibly be described as Resto drood in MC/BWL/AQ20/ZG but realistically was more like "let's flap our wet noodle heals at people and try and get out of having to go downstairs for dinner when yelled for".

What the last few previous raiding guilds you were in and what were your reasons for leaving?:
Raggy EU - crab shack: Lovely guild, lovely guys, love them all. Raid lead for them and generally get on really well with everybody, just looking for a bit more progression and stability than they can offer. Officer squad is quite lax in recruiting and management which grinds my gears slightly and I'm looking for a guild with a more active officer squad who cares about the running of the guild. My current role is raid leader (one tier lower than officer) and I don't get involved in recruiting as I explicitly don't want the burden with work - it's very hard to raid lead a group properly when you have to pug 1 or 2 or take weaker members that you'd realistically bench/not have in the main squad who drag the group down.

Previously can't entirely remember, been in various casual guilds with friends, nothing serious and no serious problems really.

Why Four Oh Four?:
Friend of mine mentioned you were looking for peeps and convinced me to apply, your progress looks decent so figured I'd throw one up.

We raid Wednesday,Thursday and Monday from 19.15 until 22.15 server time. Will you be able to attend these days?:
Yes

Game Play

Can you please give us some insight into your talent choices and gems/enchants, as well are your current number of artifact traits?:
42 Traits Blood/Frost, 905 Ilvl both, 37 Unholy, 903 Ilvl
42 Traits Holy/Prot, 905 Ilvl both again, 36/7 Ret (Never play Ret but would be willing to learn, just been lazy)

Talents if you really want me to explain I'll jump on discord or TS with y'all. Talent choices are all from various sources of reading/theorycrafting from class discords.

About the only thing of note that may need explaining is playing BoS frost vs machine gun but BoS is pretty much clear cut better atm and seraphim on the pala cause dps dps dps obviously.

Mage Tower Challenge wise I've smashed the holy challenge e z p z @902 ilvl, Prot Pala the last 2 times it's been up has been pure ebola, got phase 2 to ~5% or so and splatted about ~60 tries in and almost threw my keyboard through the monitor, terrible balance. BDK I'd prefer to kill myself cause I don't have Sephuz and if it comes up near a weekend next time I plan on teaching them all a lesson and pounding all prot/blood/frost/unholy ones now that the prot one got a nerf and I'll be able to stomach the blood one after the prot one is done (I want a flail). DPS ones look pretty simple compared, should be able to clean them up after.

Do you have an off-spec that you can play and what is its gear and your play experience with it?:
See above ^

What addons do you use?:
elvUI, weakauras, dbm, recount, can throw up screenies if you want a cheeky peek.

Can you provide a link to a World of Logs or Warcraft Logs for us to look at??:
Some of my logs might be naff due to raid leading/having to turn off JoL as holy pala cause we had another holy pala who has the ring and I don't.... :'(. I'll throw you the mythic Krosus wipenight/kill (I died to a beam on the kill during my wings/AM spam fest, cuff me, I'm a baddy, it was a long night) and a better log when I actually got to play with JoL and without being extremely terra-bad on a gul'dan HC kill. Got no BDK logs cause I've been raiding as Holy.

Gul'dan (+ rest of heroic if you fancy) - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GvDCV8Md6hTZbJrB#fight=5&view=rankings
Krosus M - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/M9HZcgTYkpJaNQyz#view=analytical

Finally...

Do you have anything else you want to add?:
There's a few lads in the guild who would probs vouch for my Fury Warrior skillz from BRF days (and hopefully all round good player vibes) although I've no idea what their Char names are atm. Parv/Bora/Skroew throw us some bumps please bois <3.

Also in terms of what char I'd want to play, I'm pretty flexible, I'd probably bring one char over to trial with and then assuming that goes well, throw the other one over too. I gather you guys need a tank so I'm pretty chill on both, although I'm actually more of a fan of the blood DK atm, feels less squishy than the Pala and less likely to get splatted in 3 seconds flat although I realise the pala brings more raid utility and cheese-ability of mechanics, so whatevs.

Cheers for reading <3

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    404 Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum